Georgia is a beautiful state full of carefully maintained public and private property. However, in the Homerville and Valdosta region of the state, there is a dirty secret. Many properties in this area are not well-maintained, resulting in a slew of dangerous conditions that could harm unsuspecting visitors.
In our experience serving victims of a personal injury, we have identified several dangerous property conditions that often arise in this region of the state. They include:
- Broken bricks or concrete on sidewalks and pathways
- Poorly maintained stairways both inside and outside
- Overgrown lawns on private or public property that conceal debris and other hazards
- In winter, patches of ice that property owners have failed to address
- Poorly lit parking lots that may present personal injury hazards (slipping, tripping, falling, etc.)
- Worn or torn carpeting that could result in a slip-and-fall accident
Most victims of a personal injury caused by unsafe property conditions do not seek a legal solution. Instead, they just pick themselves up and try to go on about their business. Unfortunately, some injuries that seem minor can go on to become more serious, many of them presenting symptoms days or weeks after the incident.
We understand that many Georgia residents do not want to see a doctor after an injury because it is so expensive. Still, we do suggest that you get a medical opinion. This will be helpful if you decide to file a personal injury claim in the aftermath of your harm. Having a medical report on record is a great way to strengthen your claim and acquire the compensation you deserve for your suffering.