the rights of the injured
for over 30 years
Casey L. Gray
- Associate Attorney
A native of South Georgia, Casey Gray graduated magna cum laude from Valdosta State University at the top of her class. After graduation, she attended law school at Mercer University in Macon, Georgia. While in her second year of law school, Gray was one of only a few students chosen for a judicial internship with the Georgia Supreme Court, specifically interning with Justice David Nahmias. She devoted her last year of law school to defending indigent clients at the Houston County Public Defender’s Office. After working as a law clerk with the Helms Law Firm, Gray joined the firm as an Associate Attorney in October of 2017.
Ms. Gray is an active member of the American Association for Justice and the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, which are national and statewide legal organizations specializing in plaintiffs’ work.
Outside of the law, Ms. Gray enjoys traveling and spending time with her children as well as enjoying good food with friends. Ms. Gray volunteers as an advisor when needed by her daughter, Skylar's, Mock Trial team. Mrs. Gray also assists her son, Cayson’s, little league baseball team and cub scout troop whenever needed.
Ms. Gray is both personally and professionally motivated to ensure her clients have a fierce and well-represented voice. She strives to live and practice by the words of her favorite quote, “Every time we turn our heads when we see the law flouted, when we tolerate what we know to be wrong, when we close our eyes and ears to the corrupt because we are too busy or too frightened to speak out, we strike a blow against freedom and decency and justice." ~ Robert Kennedy, 1961.
Areas Of Practice
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Car and Tractor Trailer Wrecks
- Workers' Compensation
- Medical Malpractice
- Criminal Defense
- Georgia, 2017
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 2017
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 2017
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Georgia, 2018
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia, 2017
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2018
- Mercer University School of Law, Macon, Georgia
- J.D. - 05/2017
- Valdosta State University, Valdosta, Georgia
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Major: Political Science
- Gary v. State (Responding to Petition for Cert. to the Supreme Court) (assisted), Gary v. State, 338 Ga. App. 403, 790 S.E.2d 150 (2016), reconsideration denied (july 28, 2016), cert. denied (Apr. 17,2017), Georgia Supreme Court, A16A0666
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2017 to Present
- American Association of Justice, Member, 2017 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Houston County Public Defender's Office, Intern Practicing Under 3L Practice Act, 2016 to 2017
- Supreme Court of Georgia, Law Clerk/Intern for Justice David Nahmias, 2016 to 2016
- Houston Public Defender
- Some Criminal Defense Pro Bono