Waycross Negligent Security Attorney
Property owners have a responsibility to properly manage, supervise and operate their property to protect others from unnecessary risk of harm. If you or a loved one has been injured due to the negligence of a property owner, you may have a basis to obtain compensation through a premises liability claim, which is a type of personal injury claim.
At The Helms Law Firm, we are committed to helping people who have been injured by the negligence of property owners. We handle a wide range of premises liability claims, including:
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Injuries from falling objects
- Injuries from dangerous property conditions
- Negligent security measures
- Injuries from assaults and violent crimes
- Collapsed decks and structures
- Stairwell falls and railing failures
- Other commercial and residential property injuries
To speak with a lawyer about an injury you have sustained as a result of a property owner's negligence, contact our law office in Homerville, Georgia.
Your Right to Compensation
People who have been injured as a result of a slip-and-fall accident, assault or dangerous property condition may suffer serious or fatal injuries. For plaintiffs to recover compensation for their injuries, they must establish that the property owner was negligent.
Not all property accidents are the result of negligence. A plaintiff must establish that the property owner failed to take appropriate steps to prevent others from harm. In the context of a premises liability claim, there are a variety of ways that a property owner may have been negligent. You will need an experienced and dedicated personal injury attorney who is prepared to investigate the cause of your accident and identify evidence that may establish the liability of the property owner:
- If you were injured in a slip-and-fall accident, did the property owner fail to exercise reasonable care? Did he or she fail to properly address wet or slippery conditions, objects that were obstructing a visitor's walkway or other serious dangers?
- If you were assaulted or otherwise injured at a bar, concert or event, did the property owner fail to take adequate security measures?
- If you were injured in a balcony fall or collapsed porch due to deck defects, was it due to the property owner's negligence?
- If you were injured by a dangerous property condition, did the property owner fail to take appropriate actions that may have prevented your accident?
Attorney Jeff Helms has represented hundreds of clients in personal injury cases and has extensive experience in premises liability claims. He brings to each case the experience gained from more than 25 years of legal experience. He knows how to investigate the cause of accidents and build strong cases on his clients' behalf to pursue the full compensation they are entitled to receive.
Contact a Valdosta Premises Liability Attorney
If you have questions and need to speak with a Homerville lawyer at The Helms Law Firm, we are pleased to offer a free consultation. For assistance, call 912-487-5377 or contact us by e-mail.