James E. "Jed" Douglas Jr.
800-673-3530 (Toll free)
Attorney Jed Douglas focuses his practice on personal injury, nursing home and wrongful death cases. Born and raised in South Georgia, he went to Clinch County High School in Homerville where he graduated as the Class Valedictorian in 2000. He attended the University of Georgia, majoring in Political Science, and graduated as a Phi Beta Kappa member in 2003. Mr. Douglas went on to receive his Juris Doctor from Duke University School of Law in 2008 where he completed an externship with Legal Aid of Durham, North Carolina.
After graduation from law school, Mr. Douglas served as Law Clerk to a federal judge in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia in Atlanta. Upon completion of his clerkship, Mr. Douglas moved home, to South Georgia, where he began working for clients who were injured or lost family members due to the fault of others.
As a professional, Mr. Douglas has been active in the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, where he graduated from its inaugural LEAD class in 2014, whose purpose is to train and equip graduates to serve in future leadership roles in both GTLA and their communities. Additionally, Mr. Douglas is a member of the American Association for Justice, the Alapaha Bar Association, and the Valdosta Bar Association. In the community, Mr. Douglas serves on the Vestry of Christ the King Episcopal Church in Valdosta, Georgia. Mr. Douglas serves on the Board of Directors for the Clinch County Chamber of Commerce. Further, he served on the Valdosta Historical Preservation Commission from 2012-2014. Mr. Douglas is a 2013 graduate of Leadership Lowndes.
In additional to his professional and community involvement, Mr. Douglas loves to spend time with his wife, Martha, his son, Jude, and his two dogs, Lucy and Big Dan. He is an avid Duke Blue Devils basketball fan and Georgia Bulldogs football fan.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury - Plaintiff
- Nursing Home Negligence
- Motor Vehicle Collisions
- Medical Malpractice
- Workers' Compensation
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Georgia, 2008
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 2011
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia, 2012
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2013
- Duke University School of Law, Durham, North Carolina
- J.D. - 2008
- Law Review: Alaska Law Review, Executive Editor, 2006 - 2008
- University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
- A.B. magna cum laude - 2003
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Political Science
- Drafting, Enforcing, and Defeating Non-Compete Clauses, Institute of Continuing Education in Georgia, General Practice Institute, 2011, Updated 2012
Honors and Awards
- GTLA LEAD Inaugural Class Graduate, 2013 - 2014
- Leadership Lowndes, Graduate, 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, 2010 - Present
- American Association for Justice, 2012 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- United States Federal Courts, Law Clerk, 2008 - 2010
Pro Bono Activities
- Christ the King Episcopal Church, Vestry Member, 2012 - Present
- Valdosta Historic Preservation Commission, Commissioner, 2012 - 2014
- Clinch County Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, 2014 - Present
- Phi Beta Kappa